CAPTURE CONVERSATIONS BRILLIANTLY
BE A GRAPHIC RECORDER
I have spent the last 10 years being hired by companies such as Google, TimeWarner, Barclays, the NHS and The Children's Society to capture their conversations, ideas and plans into engaging visuals. I know what is involved and most importantly I know where the challenges are because I've been there.
This course will take you through the key elements of Graphic Recording that I get asked about the most; Knowing what to draw? knowing where to put it? and knowing how to make it look good and make sense.
This is the best place to start if you already have some experience of working visually. Perhaps you've been on our entry level course DRAW DELIVER ENGAGE? Or perhaps you're already working visually and want to improve your skills at capturing conversations as they happen. Perhaps you are already a Graphic Recorder and you want to stretch your skills and take a fresh look with like minded people. Whatever your skill level you will get the most from this course if you a) have some understanding of what Graphic Recording is, and b) feel comfortable drawing basic icons and images.
HOW IT WORKS
- Once you've joined you will get a password to access our private class community space.
- Lessons are posted up in the class space for you to see.
- I share my experience from over 10 years of graphic recording for clients and give you a series of exercises designed to stretch your thinking and improve your practice.
- When you complete an exercise you can share it in the community group where I can see your work and offer you feedback, advice and support to help you get the most out of the lessons.
- You will have 3 months to work through the exercises, test them out and share your thoughts and your work with the group, so lots of time to practice, reflect, and improve your work.
- Once you have completed the course you will get a certificate and, if you're not a member already, you will be able to join our Graduate Community Group where you can continue to get inspiration about working visually and share your ideas with other visual thinkers.
WHY BE A GRAPHIC RECORDER?
The best reason is that it's awesome! Of course that might not be enough for you to build a business case, so here are some more reasons...
Working visually is becoming increasingly valued in the work place and Graphic Recording is frequently being used by companies to help them communicate, capture and engage more effectively with their audience.
Graphic recording adds a creative edge to meetings and events which makes it easier for participants to tap into their own creative thinking. As the graphic grows people see their experience become part of the visual record, helping them to feel included, heard and valued.
The graphic recording makes connections and highlights themes that might not otherwise of been apparent, which adds to the richness of the discussions taking place. And the finished graphic record creates a memorable summary document that people want to share, keeping your valuable information alive in the organisation.
If you are working within an organisation wanting to capture live information creatively, or you are wanting to be a graphic recorder with your own clients, then you will benefit from this course.
A series of practical lessons, skills and insights, take you on a journey which explores how to create impactful graphic records.
Cara shares her 10 years of professional graphic recording experience with you, and walks you through her process step by step. With hands on exercises and thoughtful reflection that will move your graphic recording skills onto the next level whatever your starting point.
The course is split into five modules.
Module 1 - Introduction - From here to there, looking at your unique skills and setting your graphic recording benchmark, being a critical friend.
Module 2 - Starting out, agendas, tone, weighting your content, layouts, visual dictionary content, graphic recording practice.
Module 3 - Fundamental skills - Titles, listening, filtering, translating, graphic recording practice
Module 4 - Making sense of it all - Spacing, containers, connectors, relationships, graphic recording practice
Module 5 - Finishing touches - Scale, continuity, flourishes, disasters, graphic recording practice, bringing it all together, bonus content.